2015 Missouri Snapshots Photo Contest
|Rural Missouri is proud to welcome Missouri State Parks back as sponsor of the 5th annual Missouri Snapshots Photo Contest.|
The rules for this year's contest are as follows:
1. Photographs must have been taken at one of Missouri’s 87 state parks or historic sites. For a complete list of parks, visit www.mostateparks.com.
2. Photographs must depict activities that conform to Missouri State Parks rules and regulations. Photos depicting unauthorized activities will be disqualified.
3. The contest is for amateurs only. If you earn income with your photography, please refrain from entering. Amateur photographers may enter up to five photos in a category but no more than 15 photos total for the contest. Do not enter the same photo in more than one category.
4. Photographs must be entered online (see below) or as unmounted, 8-by-10-inch prints. Prints will not be returned.
5. A completed entry form must be attached to the back of each print entered. Online entries must include information in all data fields. Omitting any of this information may result in disqualification.
6. Photos may be color or black and white. Those that have been digitally altered beyond basic editing and toning will not be accepted.
7. Photographers may win no more than one first-place prize. Winning images from previous year’s Missouri Snapshots photo contests are ineligible.
8. Send print entries to: Missouri Snapshots Photo Contest, 2722 E. McCarty St., Jefferson City, MO 65101 or submit online. The deadline to enter is Oct. 31, 2015.
9. Employees of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Missouri’s elect ric cooperatives and their immediate families are ineligible to win.
A first-, second- and third-place photograph will be selected in each category and published in the January 2016 issue of Rural Missouri. Entries will be judged on sharpness, composition, lighting, creativity and adherence to the category’s theme. This year's categories include:
1. Capture the Beauty – Missouri’s state parks are blessed with an abundance of natural beauty: rolling prairies, rugged mountains and scenic rivers. Entries in this category should capture scenes worthy of a postcard.
2. Playing in the Parks – From daytrips and overnight camping adventures to special events and interpretive programs, there’s always something happening in Missouri’s state parks. Photograph the fun and you may win this category.
3. Discover the Past – From covered bridges and mills to the homes of famous Missourians, history is everywhere in Missouri’s state park system. Creatively photograph it and you could be a winner.
4. Fun on the Water – Whether fishing, floating, sailing or swimming, Missouri’s state parks provide lots of aquatic options. Take home the prize by chronicling your day at the beach, riverbank or marina.
5. Hit the Trails – With nearly 1,000 miles of managed trails, Missouri’s state parks offer a perfect venue for your next hiking, biking, off-road or equestrian adventure. Entries in this category should feature scenes captured along a trail at a state park or historic site.
6. Kids & Cameras – This category is only for photographers age 17 and under. Subject matter may include anything photographed within a state park or historic site. Photographer’s age is required.
2722 E. McCarty Street
P.O. Box 1645 • Jefferson City, Mo. 65102